What Are Birdcare Elevators?
When considering a luxury custom elevator for a home or business, you have many different options. One of the more unique choices for an elevator is a birdcage elevator. The style that makes up the birdcage elevator dates back more than a century ago. It goes back to a time when most buildings were designed with ornate metal elevators. They were then called birdcage elevators. Those days also saw elevators being manually operated.
The birdcage portion of elevator allowed passengers to look out of the car at their surroundings.
As people discover the benefits of luxury home elevators, they may be happy to discover that birdcage elevators are still an option for a luxury elevators design.
Artisan Elevators can design and deliver the home elevator that is best for your home. Each custom birdcage elevator at Artisan Elevators starts with an ornate metal frame, often made with steel. The metal is then coated with a finish to protect it and to add color. The color will be either lighter or darker, depending on the color of the metal.
The design still features a birdcage look, it also has added safety features. Glass panels are used in the actual elevator car. The hoistway is also clear, so passengers can look out of the car.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.