Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
A custom commercial elevator can enhance a business or commercial building. Of course, there are many things to know when deciding to add a commercial custom elevator. Certain standards need to be met, including those tied to the Americans with Civil Disabilities Act. For more information call 1-888-221-7475.
Because of these requirements, the elevator industry has established certain sizes for the weight requirement and space of a commercial elevator. It can depend on the location of the elevator, or proposed elevator. It’s fair to assume that an elevator for a hospital or an apartment building will have different size and spacing requirements than an elevator for a smaller business. For example, the commercial elevator installed in a hospital is likely to be a wider design, since it is designed to carry people. The purpose of a commercial elevator will be determined by the amount of people and types of objects being carried by the elevator.
The minimum requirement by the American Disabilities Act for any commercial elevators are a minimum depth of 51 inches and width of 68 inches or 80 inches, depending upon the door type of elevator. Office elevators are typically designed with a weight capacity of 3,500 lbs. Residential elevators only need to support 2,500 lbs.
Find the right customer elevator supplier and begin the design process for a custom commercial elevator.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.