How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
Every homeowner knows, or should know, the importance of homeowners insurance. The question for people in the market for a custom luxury home elevator is: What impact does having a home elevator have on homeowners insurance?
It is vital that the home elevator be insured. This ensures the homeowner is covered if anyone is hurt in the home elevator or if the elevator causes damage to the home. Standard homeowners’ insurance policies will not cover such events. The liability coverage for a custom home elevator is essential.
This is not to say accidents involving home elevators are common. They’re not. One of the most common incidents involving elevators is when elevators get stuck and someone gets hurt trying to get out of the elevator. The owner of the home can be liable for any injuries suffered under such a scenario.
An elevator insurance policy should also cover the cost of any repairs if the home elevator damages the home.
The good news is residential elevator insurance has grown as the popularity of custom home elevators has grown. This should allow a homeowner to shop around for the best insurance policy. The cost of elevator insurance will likely depend on the type, style and size of your home elevator.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.