Is It Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
An elevator can improve your mobility and add to the appearance and value of your home. Elevators can be customized with an array of designs and materials to create anything from a modern to traditional look.
Artisan Elevators can help you create a unique elevator to match your home’s décor. We offer a wide selection of elevator types, including hydraulic, winding drum, machine traction drive, and vacuum models.
Once you have selected the type of elevator you want for your home, you can customize it with an array of materials and design options. If you want to create a vintage-style elevator for your home, we can work with you to make your vision a reality. Birdcage-style elevators are a popular option for homeowners who want to add an old-fashioned feel to their houses.
Residential elevator cabs are available in round and square configurations and can be crafted with a variety of materials, such as wood, metal, and glass. Common wood species chosen for elevators are oak, walnut, and mahogany, although exotic species are also available. If you would prefer to use metal in a birdcage elevator cab, you can select from copper, bronze, brass, and other options. We can also customize your elevator with safety glass or plexiglass panels or windows.
The inside of the elevator cab can also be customized. Both wood and metal handrails are available, as well as recessed, suspended, and battery-operated lighting.
Another important consideration is the type of doors. An elevator can be created with a single opening door, opposite opening doors, and adjacent opening doors. Both folding and sliding doors are available.
If you want to improve mobility and add a traditional feel to your home, a custom residential elevator could be the solution. With an array of models and design options to choose from, Artisan Elevators can help you create the vintage elevator of your dreams.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.