What is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
The time frame for creating a custom elevator depends on the type of elevator you’d like to create. The first step is deciding which operating system will work best in your home. Hydraulic elevators are the traditional style, while others work best in a minimal amount of space. Hydraulic elevators feature a cab that can be manually lowered down the hoist way and need a machine room to operate that will take up additional space and installation time.
Other types of home elevators that operate from above include a winding drum or machine traction drive elevator that have the cab suspended in the hoist way and move it between floors by means of a counterweight or rail-like mechanism. A pneumatic elevator is another option that moves a cab between floors by a vacuum suction mechanism. This is the narrowest elevator and requires the least installation time. These types of elevators don’t require a machine room.
For More Information Call 1-888-221-7475
If you choose a glass elevator, you will benefit from the panoramic view it provides of your home as you ascend and descend. The time frame on installing a glass elevator is the fastest because there are far fewer parts. You don’t have to dig and install a pit and build a machine room like you would with a traditional elevator. The parts of a glass elevator are easy to assemble, and there are fewer of them than with a traditional elevator.
Once the type of custom elevator has been decided, the actual planning can begin. You can design the elevator according to the style of your home using materials ranging from various woods to metals. Metal and wood paneling inside the elevator and an elaborate birdcage frame can be part of your design.
You should coordinate your efforts with the elevator manufacturer and contractor, who will work with you on the elevator design, construction, and installation. A team of craftsmen will work with you to create a custom elevator that reflects the themes, colors, and ambiance of your home. The designers will listen to your wishes and create a three-dimensional model of the elevator. Once you approve it, the fabrication process begins. Then the custom elevator is manufactured and installed to your requirements.
It can take four to five weeks to manufacture a custom elevator after you’ve approved the design. Once the site is fully prepared, technicians can install the elevator in about three days.
Look online for an elevator manufacturer you can work with to help you design, produce and install a custom elevator that will accentuate your home and increase its comfort and value.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.