The Glass in Glass Elevators
When you make the choice to add a custom luxury elevator to your home, you’ve made the decision to add convenience, safety and reliability to your home. A customized home elevator means choosing the design that best fits your home. Being involved in the creative process of choosing a one-of-a-kind, hand built elevator is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
One of the more popular home elevator choices in recent years is the glass elevator. The view is special inside a glass elevator, even for a short ride inside a home. They are easy to install inside a home.
They are called glass elevators, but the transparent material that makes up the elevator cab’s exterior is not often technically glass. The panels are often manufactured from a clear polycarbonate. It closely resembles glass and makes it easier to classify the elevator as a “glass” elevator. It should be noted that real glass can be used in the building of a custom elevator. However, the overall cost of the elevator will be significantly higher.
Glass elevators can be cable-driven or pneumatic (vacuum-driven). The versatility and easier installation process associated with glass elevators makes these elevators offer a wonderful option for a customized home elevator.
Work with your home elevator company to design and a craft the perfect elevator for your home.
More About Custom Elevators
- Can a Commercial Elevator Be Moved Into Your Home?
- Can an Elevator Increase the Value of Your Home?
- Choosing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Choosing a Glass Custom Elevator
- Common Questions About the Custom Elevator Design Process
- Exotic Wood in Elevators
- Five Suggestions for Designing a Custom Commercial Elevator
- Hiring a Home Contractor When Planning a Home Elevator
- Home Elevator Installation
- How Does a Custom Elevator Increase the Value of a Home?
- How Does a Home Elevator Impact Insurance?
- How Is a Birdcage Elevator Designed?
- How Is a Custom Elevator Created?
- How Is a Home Elevator Different From a Commercial Elevator?
- How Long Does it Take to Install a Custom Home Elevator?
- How Many Elevators Are Needed in a Commercial Building?
- How Much Space Is Needed in the Home for a Custom Elevator?
- How to Choose a Glass Elevator for Your Home
- How to Design a Custom Home Elevator
- Is a Glass Elevator Right for Your Home?
- Is it Possible to Create a Vintage Elevator in a Home?
- Pneumatic Elevator or Hydraulic Elevator: Which Is Best for a Home?
- Round and Box-Shaped Elevators
- The Case for Hydraulic Elevators
- The Custom Elevator Design Process
- The Glass in Glass Elevators
- The Inspiration Behind Many Custom Elevators
- The Space Required for a Home Elevator
- Three Tips for Creating a Custom Elevator
- Tips for Designing a Custom Glass Elevator
- What Are Birdcage Elevators?
- What Are Smart Elevators?
- What Is a Pneumatic Elevator?
- What Is a Winding Drum Elevator?
- What Is the Time Frame for Creating a Custom Elevator?
- What Materials Can Be Used in a Custom Elevator?
- What Questions Should You Ask When Deciding to Have a Custom Elevator Built?
Order a FREE Catalog
The options for a custom elevator are seemingly endless. Our designers will work alongside you through each step of the process to customize a luxury new elevator that fits your home or business perfectly. The design begins with selection of the best motor system and ideal base for your indoor elevator.